Monday, October 31, 2011

Pumpkin, cinnamon, streusel Muffins. Egg Free, peanut & tree nut free

 It's fall (or is it winter? I'm confused) but this time of year Alexa and I crave pumpkin muffins.  A friend posted on FaceBook that she was making pumpkin muffins and I decided to jump on the bandwagon. The recipe she sent me called for 2 eggs so I needed to adapt our muffins to eliminate them.  While shopping for some canned pumpkin I came across a box of Pillsbury Cinnamon Streusel muffins.  The recipe called for eggs but otherwise the contents were safe for Alexa so I grabbed a box and decided to experiment.  The result was a moist yummy muffin that the kids loved and is filled with fiber (if you can get past the sugar topping-which I can).  Here is the basic recipe.  Fun, easy and tasty.  I hope you enjoy them!

Ingredients:
1 box Pillsbury Cinnamon Streusel muffin mix
1/4 cup oil (we used Safflower)
3/4 cup milk (you can also use Rice Milk)
Energy Egg Replacer made to replace 1 egg (1 1/2 tsp replacer + 3 Tbs water well mixed)
1 Cup canned Pumpkin

Instructions:
Follow instructions on box except omit egg and add in prepared Energy Egg Replacer.  Add in 1 cup canned Pumpkin. (or more if desired-we actually used 1 1/2 cups but they were a little too moist so I cut it back here.) Fill muffin tins 3/4 way, cover with included streusel topping, bake according to directions on the box and enjoy them while they are still warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment